A-level geography is one subject that is too different from its GCSE curriculum. There are a lot of things that you will be studying in this. Your A-levels are very important for you to get into your desired job. Thus it is important to have good grades in it. One of the factors that helps you to get good grades in A-level geography is to focus on your NIA investigation.
The top 6 NEA investigations ideas for A-level are –
- How has the population growth affected the water distribution within the country?
- To what extent more energy-efficient homes have been built by homeowners in Victoria Road Salford?
- To what extent does the Three Gorges Dam in Hubei Province cause environmental damage to the surrounding area?
- How has the retailing in town centers got affected by the town shopping development?
- How has the development of micro-HEP stations in Lake District National Park created an impact on the rivers and the community?
- How is the quality of life different for the people living in London when compared to other states?
Further, we will be discussing these ideas in detail, let us first learn about A-level Geography NEA investigation.
What is an A-level Geography NEA investigation?
Your NEA is a topic related to the subject you choose. You will need to do a lot of research on that particular topic and cover all the aspects of that topic. It is done in a similar manner as we do a dissertation. You will need to choose a topic for you and do the related research. However, you will not need to mention the literature review part. You will have to study this A-level for two years. To get the best topic for yourself, you should follow the given steps below-
- Start by making a list of the topics on which you want to write.
- See for the possible sites which can be involved with this topic.
- Rank the topics based on your preference. You need to select which topic will be the best choice for you.
- Remember to see all the factors including the study area, before deciding on the topic you will finally choose.
If you are also worried about the exam, you must try a few things like looking for a private tutor or changing the subject.
6 A-level A-Level Geography Investigation NEA Ideas
When you are studying for your A-levels, as you need to do a lot of revision, it is also important for you to take up NEA projects for different subjects like computer science. Following are the NEA ideas that you can use for your A-level Geography which is one of the easiest A-level and the reputable subjects-
1. How has the population growth affected the water distribution within the country?
This is one of the most interesting topics that you can work on. The effect of the population on various geographical aspects is one of the most important topics that you can take for your investigation. You can study this relationship by taking the data for each state by limiting it to specific states. You can take a mix of states including both with less population and more population.
2. To what extent more energy-efficient homes have been built by homeowners in Victoria Road Salford?
Your investigation will revolve around how many homeowners have used energy-efficient technology in their homes. You can either limit it to the whole country, a particular state, or a local area. Try to add what techniques and resources the house owners employed to make it an energy-efficient home. Study the problems they are facing with it and then according to your understanding try to conclude your topic.
3. To what extent does the Three Gorges Dam in Hubei Province cause environmental damage to the surrounding area?
This is one of the topics which is related to water security. In it, you can study the problems faced by the locals where it was constructed. You can also study how wildlife was affected due to its creation. During your independent investigation, you will need to study the history of the Gorges Dams and will also be covering whether it is important or not for the country.
4. How has the retailing in town centers got affected by the town shopping development?
You can cover a lot of different aspects related to it in this investigation. You can study how the shopping system has changed from the traditional retailing stores. If you are keeping your study limited to a particular state you can add up what are the downfalls of traditional retailing. In addition to it, you can also study what type of retail shops are there in the locality. You can also search for which type of shops have been affected by the change in shopping style.
5. How has the development of micro-HEP stations in Lake District National Park created an impact on the rivers and the community?
With this investigation, you will need to discuss the process of development of the micro-HEP stations. You will also need to discuss how it has affected the community and the river. You can also discuss if they are potential alternatives for renewable energy or not. This investigation will help to find out whether micro-HEP has given a positive impact or not on the rivers and the community.
6. How is the quality of life different for the people living in London when compared to other states?
This is one of the most interesting topics which you can investigate about. The reason is London is also known as the economic powerhouse of the UK. Discussing the difference in the quality of life between London and other states will help to know how life is determined. This may be an interesting investigation as you may find out some of the interesting facts that may surprise you as many times the places with high GDP have lower living standards.
A-level geography is a subject that involves doing an investigation study. You will be studying the specific topic of your choice. Having a perfect NEA idea for your A-level is extremely important and therefore this article is a guide that helps to give some of the ideas for your NEA investigation and also helps you to select the best topic for yourself.