Learning a new language means devoting a lot of time towards it. However, with Duolingo, it is now easy to learn a new language without disturbing your daily routine. You can learn any language that too free. Isn’t it amazing? Although you can learn any language, here we will help you to know more about the Duolingo Russian language. So if you are also looking for learning the Russian language on Duolingo, go through the guide properly.
- Duolingo Russian language is a course in which you will have to follow a path which has different lessons and units in it.
- Each lesson in the course has a different set of exercises, and some of them are – Speak this sentence, Translation, Tap the pairs, etc.
- Russian course has one special feature known as a writing system tool. This feature helps you to understand how to write the basics of the language and also helps you to understand the basic tone of the Russian language.
- If you are a beginner and tight on your budget, you must use this platform for learning the language. However, if you already know some of the basics of the language and are looking to learn the advanced level, you may not want to use the platform.
Further, we have discussed everything related to the Duolingo Russian language in detail. Thus you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important information.
How is the Russian course designed on Duolingo?
Duolingo is a free platform where you can learn a new language while sitting at home. Just like the Italian, High Valyrian, Dutch, and other courses, the Russian course again follows a new learning path which was earlier known as the Duolingo tree. On this path, you will see different units and each of the units has different lessons. These lessons include a lot of different exercises which will help you to learn the content.
When you will be taking up the course, you will find the lessons which will help you to start from the basics and get to a higher level. The number of days you use to complete a single lesson represents your streak score. It means that if you have spent 5 days in a row completing a lesson your streak score will become five. Once you complete the lesson your streak score will increase by 1.
However, if you are on the old tree then you will find the tree broken into different units which will help you to get crowns for you . When you will complete a skill you will get these crown levels. Currently, there are 4 units and 79 skills. Further, there are 474 crown levels including the legendary levels. This course was earlier developed in the incubator.
What are the different activities that you get with Duolingo Russian Language?
Following are the different activities that you get with Duolingo Russian Language-
- Mark the correct meaning
- Picture flashcards
- Sentence shuffle
- Complete the translation
- Select the missing word
- Speak this sentence
- Tap the pairs
- Tap what you hear
What are the special features of Duolingo Russian Language?
French and Spanish are two such courses where you will get to see some special features like Stories, audio lessons and podcasts. It is very limited to some of the courses and thus Duolingo Russian languages lack these features. However, we may expect these features in the Duolingo Russian language course in the upcoming time. It does not mean that there is no special feature with the Russian course. In fact, Duolingo Russian language has a special feature called the writing system tool.
Although the Russian language has some words which may be similar to the English language, most of them are different and uses a different writing system. This writing tool helps you to have a better understanding of Russian sounds by helping them associate with the Cyrillic alphabet. Obviously learning a new thing means taking time to get used to it.
However, it will depend on you how you are using this tool. Once you will make a habit of using it on a daily basis, you will see the difference by yourself. You will also get help in writing the letters with the help of a tracking exercise. Further, if you are losing motivation in language learning, this tool may help you regain your motivation.
What are the other features that you get with Duolingo Russian Language?
Following are the other features that you get on Duolingo with Duolingo Russian Language-
When you are participating and completing the lesson you will again get some XP. Every task you perform will help you to earn some XP points. It also helps you to stay at the top of the league you are in. If you want to earn more XP in less time you can always take advantage of XP ramp-up challenges (timed challenges) or Duolingo happy hour. Further, when you unlock a new Duolingo achievement or crown level, you will again get some more XP.
3. Duolingo Leagues
The Duolingo league is the one which is one week long in which you will participate with the other users. When you participate in the leagues and are able to clear them, you are able to earn more gems. In these leagues, there is a total of 30 people participating in it. The main aim of such a League is to earn more XP. Once you get more scores in it you will league you will be able to get eligible for the next league.
Duolingo gems are the currency for the Duolingo platform. It will help you to unlock a new lesson and is also used to take up the advantage of other features like unlocking legendary levels or streak freeze. You may also be able to buy a costume for your Duolingo owl (which is the app icon). However, you must remember that if you are using the desktop you will find them as lingots and will be in blue colour. On the other hand, if you are using it on a mobile you will find these gems in red colour.
5. Duolingo Plus
Duolingo Plus is the subscription plan on the platform which provides you with some of the premium benefits like removing ads, unlimited health, etc. Earlier you were only able to download the new lessons on the platform if you are a Plus member. However, with the current update, you are now able to download the content with the free membership. There are two different subscription plans including the Individual and Family plans. The cost of these plans depends upon the area of living and the duration of the plan.
Duolingo is a platform where you can find a lot of other users that are also learning some new language. You can make new friends by following them on the platform and it will help you to get more XP. Making new friends also help you to get eligible for taking friends quest. When you will follow friends, the chances of completing the course will be increased by 5 times.
7. Streak score
Streak represents the number of days you spend completing the lesson. So suppose you are completing the lesson in a week your streak score becomes 7. Further, when you will reach the streak score of 365 days, you will get to unlock a feature which is known as Streak Society and will also be eligible for getting VIP status.
Is Duolingo Russian language worthy?
Just like other courses, the Russian language course is free to take up. If you are using this platform you will want to be sure if it will help you to learn the languages and become fluent in them. If you are a beginner, you will be able to get a basic understanding of the language. However, if you already have the basic knowledge and want to gain advanced knowledge, then it may not be for you. Also if you do not like the course you can easily remove it from your list. Further, we have discussed the advantages and disadvantages of Duolingo Russian language for your better understanding.
What are the advantages of the Duolingo Russian language?
The following are the advantages of the Duolingo Russian language-
- If you are a beginner it is a great platform which will help you to learn the basics of the language.
- As the platform is free, you can take the advantage of it if you are on a tight budget. You will not need to spend a single penny on this platform for taking up the Duolingo Russian language.
- The writing system tool will help you to learn how to write the Russian language and also help you to understand the basic tone of the Russian language.
- As you will also get a lot of reminders from the Duolin Owl and other Duolingo characters, this platform is very motivating. Thus it will help you to use the platform for learning the Duolingo Russian language.
What are the disadvantages of the Duolingo Russian language?
- The following are the disadvantages of the Duolingo Russian language-
- `If you are a person who already has the knowledge of basics and is looking for advanced content then you may not find the course to be useful. Therefore, you must try using some of the alternatives with Duolingo.
- As you are only able to get the basic level knowledge you will only be able to have the basic communicational skills.
- Like the Spanish language, there are no podcasts available for Russian.
- If you are using the free version the biggest drawback is you only get 5 hearts to practice. So if you make a mistake you lose a life. To get safe from it you must use Duolingo on your desktop or take up the subscription plan.
Duolingo Russian language is just like all the other courses which have to follow a particular path which was earlier known as Duolingo Tree. You will have to complete different lessons which were a part of different units. When you are completing different lessons you will be able to see different exercises like Picture flashcards, Sentence shuffle, Complete the translation, etc.
Further, Duolingo Russian language has a special feature which is known as a writing system tool. It helps you to learn how to write Russian basic elements and also gives you knowledge of basic Russian tones. There are many other features like Duolingo leagues, gems, XP scores, etc. Further, if you are a beginner in the Russian language then you must use this platform. However, if you already are a beginner in it and are looking to learn the advanced content, you may not find this platform worth it.
How long will it take to learn Russian on Duolingo?
If you really are interested in learning the language then you must take all the lessons seriously. As the lessons are short, you may only need to spend 5-10 minutes on the starting lessons. So you can conclude that you can learn Russian on Duolingo within a few months.
Can you become fluent in Russian with Duolingo?
There is no doubt that Duolingo is a platform which helps you to learn the Russian language in a fun manner. But the biggest question is if you will become fluent in the language or not. You must remember that on Duolingo you will only be able to get A1 and A2 levels in the languages. Thus it will not help you to become fluent but will allow you to have very basic communicational skills.
- Super Duolingo Cost in 2023: Is Premium Worth it? - May 24, 2023
- Duolingo Classroom – Step-by-Step Guide for Teachers - May 23, 2023
- Do This When Language Learning Motivation Fades Away (Instant Results) - May 13, 2023