With the changing pattern in the learning process, you can find different ESL teaching platforms. One such platform that you will find at the current time is CleverKid. This platform hires tutors from native English-speaking countries and offers their services to non-china countries. This is a 2021-based startup from Canada.
You can apply on this platform only if you are a native resident of Canada or the U.S. Pay rate you will be getting on this platform is good when compared to other platforms. You will get paid training program and also the leaves whenever you want. Though we will be discussing this platform in detail, let us first learn more about CleverKid.
What is CleverKid?
There are many online tutoring platforms like wyzant, tutorme, Hitutor, YiYi English, voxy, etc where you can teach online. CleverKid is an ESL teaching platform where you can learn two different languages including French and English if you are from a non-China country. This is a Canada-based startup that was started in 2021. It hires teachers from native English-speaking nations including Canada and the U.S. Although residents from Newyork, California, and Washington State are exempted from the hiring process.
This platform offers 25 minutes classes to students from non-China countries via 1 on 1 class structure. When this platform was launched, there were only 26 tutors on the platform. Although, the platform is gradually increasing the number of teachers on this platform. The primary focus of this platform is on students who are at the age of 6 years. Though they may add their services for higher-class students.
CleverKid review – Is CleverKid worth it?
Yes, CleverKid is worth using it. It gives you a high pay rate for providing your services to the students. Also, you do not have to pay any type of penalty on this platform. Although this is a new startup, the benefits they are giving to the tutors are very high. Also if you are a student you can learn two different languages like lingo live and also many other things including arithmetic, vocabulary, grammar, etc. You can also practice on your own level. There are benefits and drawbacks to using it. All of them are discussed below-
Advantages of CleverKid
The following are the advantages of CleverKid –
- The pay rate that you get is quite good when compared to other ESL teaching platforms.
- You can take leave whenever you want. There is no hard leave policy.
- The platform will provide you with a paid training program, in which you can learn about the features and how to use them.
- This platform does not hire teachers more than the requirement. This means that the chances of getting work are much higher.
- You do not have to give any kind of penalties on this platform.
Disadvantages of the CleverKid
The following are the disadvantages of CleverKid –
- You can only be a teacher on this platform if you are a native resident of Canada or the U.S. Remember if you are a resident of California, Washington state, or New York, you will not be hired.
- There is a long-wasting list before getting hired on this platform. This is because they do not hire tutors more than the requirements.
- You have to give more than 10 hours per week on the platform.
Is CleverKid legit?
CleverKid is a legit platform that was founded in 2021. The company policy ensures that no data is shared with other clients and also asks for the only data that is required. You need not share any extra data. Also if you want you can ask for deleting the data you have provided to the company. This shows how safe and legal it is to use this platform. Also, the data provided by you will only be shared with the government if there are any legal issues.
What is the pay rate of the teachers on CleverKid?
The pay rate that you get for teaching a 25 minutes class is US$13 and if you take one hour class then you will earn US$26. This is much higher than the nominal price of other platforms. Also, you must give more than 10 hours per week. Additionally, there are no bonus schemes on this platform.
Requirement of being a CleverKid tutor
To become a CleverKid tutor you need to have the following requirements-
- You must be a native English speaker from countries including the US and Canada. However, if you are from California, Washington state, or New York, you can not apply.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree.
- You must have a related certificate like TESOL or TEFL. Also if you have a certificate from a competitive company, they are counted as invalid.
- You must have experience in online teaching, at least for 1 year.
What is the application process for becoming a tutor?
You will have to follow the following steps to become a tutor on their website-
Apply through the email
You need to apply through their email as you can not apply through their website. When you send them the email, you get a reply to the email including the application form and required documents. You will need to submit your 1-minute introductory video and resume through email. When you submit your documents, you will most probably get a reply within 48 hours. However, if you do not get their reply, be patient and wait for their response, as it may take time to evaluate your application.
Once the application is accepted, you will need to give an online interview. This interview will be of 20 minutes of which 10 minutes will be used for asking questions and 10 minutes for showing your teaching ability. Once done with the interview you will get a confirmation email from the company within 1 or 2 days. If your application is not selected then you can apply within the next 3 months.
Once you are selected the next step is to sign up for the contract. After signing the contract, the company will give you the setup that can be used by you to teach the children.
One last thing that you need to do before going on board, is to take a paid training project. It is a 30 minutes training session in which you will get an orientation about the whole process and how it works.
CleverKid is a platform that enables you to teach kids till the age of 6 years. You will teach them English as well as French as languages. However, the service of this platform is offered to students from non-china countries. Also, they only hire tutors from native English-speaking countries including the US and Canada and exclude residents of California, Washington State, and New York. Also, the pay that you get on this platform is quite higher than on other ESL platforms like TeachCast. However, there are no bonuses that you will get on this platform.
- What is a 3.4 GPA equivalent to in Percentage? (With Letter Grade Mentioned) - March 24, 2023
- What is a 3.4 GPA? What are the colleges that accept a 3.4 GPA? - March 23, 2023
- Do you have to do GCSEs if you are homeschooled? - March 22, 2023