The English language has become one of the most essential prerequisites for communicating across the world. ESL(English as a Second Language) has gained immense popularity among global citizens, as the English language is the most commonly spoken language around the world. ESL has many benefits and it also was proven to be more beneficial in the recent COVID-19 Pandemic. When the world had completely shut down, the virtual world of the internet was the only best option left for people to communicate. ESL was always one of the best options people had before the pandemic or while or even after the Pandemic to learn to communicate in the most used language which is English. There are many such platforms like uuabc, abc360, FluentBe, etc. FluentBe is one such platform that is increasing slowly and gradually. But is it really worth using it?
To become a tutor on this platform you do not need any type of qualification. You will get the payment even if the class gets canceled or the student does not show up at the last movement. However many believe that the pay rate they offer is low when compared to other platforms. Further, we have discussed FluentBe in more detail for your better understanding.
All about FluentBe
FluentBe is one such Edtech platform where users can learn the English language online without many barriers. It is one of the most popular and trusted companies that has its origin in Poland. The primary focus or the main motive of this company is to teach English to as many people as possible irrespective of their ages. Though this platform is widely utilized by adults. This platform provides accessibility for classes to users in groups of four. Users require a device that has the provision of a webcam and a microphone.
This company provides its tutors with pay anywhere between $8 – $13 an hour. Tutors who are Native or Non-Native English Speakers can apply for a tutor position with this platform.
FluentBe review – Is FluentBe Worth it?
This company provides its tutors with pay anywhere between $8 – $13 an hour. Tutors who are Native or Non-Native English Speakers can apply for a tutor position with this platform. The tutors get full access to the teaching materials on this platform. The tutors have the benefits of bonuses and referral systems. The complete team or the staff members are also quite helpful and supportive.
The payment can be considered low for many individuals applying for a tutor job. Different pay scales are determined for tutors, which may be unliked by many fellow tutors. Looking at all these pros and cons of being a tutor on FluentBe, it completely depends upon the individual to take up the job, but for an individual who is looking forward to a safe, work-from-home job, this job of teaching English can be considered as a worthy option. Further, we have discussed the benefits and drawbacks of this platform.
Pros of being a tutor on FluentBe
- You do not require any qualifications to apply for this job.
- The tutors are provided a choice of selection among children, teenagers, and adults to teach.
- You get full access to the teaching materials on this platform.
- The tutors also get a long-term booking with students, thus can be benefitted from the position of being a tutor for a longer time.
- You have the benefits of bonuses and referral systems.
- The complete team or the staff members are also quite handy and supportive.
- The tutors also get the end-moment payment if a class gets canceled or even when the students do not show up for the class.
Cons of being a tutor on FluentBe
There are always two sides to everything, with the many benefits also come fewer disadvantages for tutors which are stated below,
- You have less flexibility over class slots or working hours for classes, as the tutors need to be available on certain slots and days to teach classes.
- The payment can be considered low for many individuals applying for a tutor job.
- Different pay scales are determined for tutors, which may be unliked by many fellow tutors.
- You may also have class slots allotted for as long as 90 minutes also.
- Applying and getting an interview date can be quite difficult or time-consuming for applicants.
What can be the Legitimacy for working as a tutor on FluentBe?
It is a widely utilized ESL platform, with over 2,000 to 3,000 tutors and around 2,50,000 – 3,00,000 English lessons provided on this platform. The legitimacy of this platform can be established by looking at the numbers above and also the user score provided for the platform.
What are the requirements for working as a tutor on FluentBe?
- An individual should be an English speaker who also knows native languages like Polish, Slovak, or Spanish.
- A minimum of a year of experience in the teaching field and that too for teaching the English language to foreigners.
- A PC or a laptop with an in-built webcam is a must.
- A high-speed internet connection or at least an active internet connection is a must.
- A headset or earphone with a microphone is required.
- Engaging and creative individuals can be preferable.
Looking at the various pros and cons of being a tutor on FluentBe which are mentioned above, it completely depends upon the individual to take up the job. But for an individual who is looking forward to a safe, work-from-home job, this job of teaching English can be considered a worthy option.
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023