If you are a student who does not have time to go out and find private tutors for yourself, GoStudent could be a possible platform to help you. By using Gostudents, teachers and students can collaborate online.
GoStudent not only helps you to get connected with the teachers but if you have the potential to teach online and want to earn a side hustle, you can probably join the tutoring program of it. GoStudent Trustpilot rating of 4.5 out of 5 which is proof in it of how much it is useful. However, we will be discussing its benefits and drawbacks about Gostudent. But before that let us understand what is Gostudent platform all about.
What is Gostudent?
The student is an online platform that helps to connect students with private tutors. The platform gives its services in more than 30 college and school subjects. There are many other platforms that provide services only for tutoring the English language like TutorABC. You will find more than 20000 teachers who deliver around 150,000 sessions per month. If you are between the age of 6-19 then you can take advantage of this platform.
You can study your subject from the approved teachers on the platform online. The best advantage of this platform is that you can take a free trial before taking actual classes. Gostudent believes that every student is different and tutors on this platform teach their students in a manner they can grasp the concepts easily.
Where is GoStudent located?
GoStudent is a Vienna-based ed-tech business. Though in recent times it built a new headquarters in Austin, Texas. This platform is currently working in around 22 countries. All of them are listed below-
Full Gostudent review – Is GoStudent worth it?
Since its launch in 2016, GoStudent has been in charge of instructing over 1.5 million lessons. Its estimated worth of it is €3 billion. The business has a GoStudent Trustpilot rating of 4.5 out of 5. It also has 5,221 reviews, which supports its reliability. A number of prestigious international newspapers, including The Economist and the Financial Times, have also profiled the company. Also, the company works according to the educational laws of America. This shows how worthy is this platform to use.
Advantages of using the GoStudent platform
The following are the benefits you get for using this platform –
- You just need a high school diploma to apply. There is no need for a specific degree.
- The platform will find students for you. You do not need to do anything for bringing students for yourself.
- You will also get a lot of rewards and bonuses, once you complete the bonus plan of it.
- There are so many different school or college subjects that you can teach to various students just like Brainfuse.
- If you are a student, you get the best teaching experience on the platform.
- Many students need special attention from their tutors. If you are one of them, this platform is for you. As you will get one-on-one tutoring experience.
Disadvantages of using the GoStudent platform
The following are the drawbacks you get for using this platform –
- You will not be able to set your pay rate for taking up the services.
- There is less flexibility in the timing of the platform.
- If you are a teacher and you do not show up for the class, then you will end up paying heavy taxes.
Is GoStudent Free?
Not to use the services of the GoStudent platform, you need to purchase the membership plan of it. However, the platform offers you a free trial. You can book a free trial for yourself in which you will get a free lesson plan. After the free trial is finished, you will have to take a membership plan on GoStudent platform.
What is the membership plan of Gostudent?
Depending upon the duration of learning and the type of the plan the subscription range will vary. The starting price of the tutoring starts at £21.60. However, it can go up to £41.07 depending on your choice.
How can you cancel the subscription plan of GoStudent?
If you want to terminate your account after the chosen minimum period, you can easily do it. All you need to do is fill out the cancellation form. You can also cancel 7 days before the renewal.
How to become a tutor at GoStudent?
To become a tutor at the GoStudent platform you need to complete a proper application process. The application process is divided into three segments. The first one is to complete the application form for becoming a tutor. You will need to fulfill all the required data in the form. Although you must have at least 6 hours per week to give on the platform. Once you have completed the full form, review it and submit it. The next section is to take up a practice quiz. The practice quiz will involve questions related to the subjects you have chosen. The duration of the test is approximately around 20 minutes.
If you get clear in this round, you get eligible for the next round. In this round, you will have an interview via the zoom platform. The interview takes place for at least 1 hour. You can expect a few questions based on your personal experience, what you know about the platform, and your teaching method. If you pass the interview process, you will get selected on this platform.
How much do you get as a tutor on a Gostudent?
GoStudent offers all the tools you need for teaching online. Through the platform, you can find your students and organize your classes. On this platform, as a tutor, you can earn up to $960 per month by taking 10 classes per week in a month. You can also earn up to $1910 per month by taking 20 classes per week. How much you will earn depends upon how many classes you are taking per week.
Bonus schemes offered by GoStudy
You would be excited to know that you also get a bonus if you are a tutor on this platform. Generally, there are two types of bonuses on this platform –
GoStudent Frequency Bonus
In this service, you get a bonus if you take sessions with the same student. The bonus is calculated based on the number of sessions taken with the same student. If you have taken 10 sessions then you will get $15 for it. Similarly, for 20 sessions you get $18 and for 32 sessions you get $37. The maximum bonus you get is on 300 sessions with the same student which is $423.
GoStudent Loyalty Bonus
This is the reward given to the tutors who have completed more than 6 months with the platform. There are 8 types of bonuses that you get in this reward. It depends upon the duration of your services and the number of sessions taken on that platform. The 8 bonuses are categorized as Bronze, Bronze +, Silver, Silver+, Gold, Gold+, Platinum, and Platinum+. The duration of these categories along with the bonuses you get is given as below –
- Bronze – 6 months duration, 150 sessions – bonus of $385
- Bronze + – 6 months duration, 300 sessions – bonus of $770
- Silver – 12 months duration, 300 sessions – bonus of $770
- Silver+ – 12 months duration, 600 sessions – bonus of $1540
- Gold – 18 months duration, 450 sessions – bonus of $1155
- Gold+ – 18 months duration, 900 sessions – bonus of $2300
- Platinum – 24 months duration, 600 sessions – bonus of $1540
- Platinum+ – 24 months duration, 1200 sessions – bonus of $3080
GoStudent is an online resource that allows connecting students and private instructors. More than 30 university and school topics are covered by the platform. You can join the tutoring program of it if you have the potential to teach online and wish to make some extra money. This means that this platform is useful for both the students and the tutors looking for a side hustle.
- What is a 3.4 GPA equivalent to in Percentage? (With Letter Grade Mentioned) - March 24, 2023
- What is a 3.4 GPA? What are the colleges that accept a 3.4 GPA? - March 23, 2023
- Do you have to do GCSEs if you are homeschooled? - March 22, 2023