The online education marketplace has become a new trend to learn English. There are many ESL platforms that are established online. At the current time, these online platforms have become a great resource to earn money sitting at home. If you are passionate about English teaching and have ESL certifications then you must check for a platform known as Hallo. But is it worth trying?
As a tutor on this platform, you will need to choose three different ways to teach. Depending upon the service you have chosen, the pay rate will warry. However, sometimes you may face tech problems on this platform. Further, we have discussed Hallo English platform in detail.
What is Hallo English?
There is a lot of such online tutoring platform like starkid, acadsoc, protostar, YiYi English, voxy, etc. Hallo is a Utah-based online marketplace for education. It is a cutting-edge method for ESL instructors to earn money online. You have the chance to become a more well-known tutor on Hallo and this may also increase your income. You can interact with students from all over the world at Hallo. This platform has students who are typically between the ages of 18 and 30. It includes fun reading, speaking, and writing practice activities in addition to approximately 500 engaging video lessons. Additionally, the app’s dictionary includes over 10,000 English terms.
Hallo English review – Is Hallo worth it?
Hallo is a platform that offers different services by which you can earn money. This gives you the advantage of choosing how you want to earn money. Also, you get a good pay rate for the services you are giving. Though there is a commission that is taken by the platform. Although it may take time to build up your subscribers, once you start gaining your subscribers, you can even get more pay rate. The platform will also provide you with the curriculum which you can use to teach your students.
Benefits of teaching on Hallo
You will get the following benefits to teaching on Hallo-
- There are three types of different ways by which you can earn money on this platform. You have the choice to choose which service you want to give.
- You will get the curriculum through the platform itself.
- This platform allows you to connect with students from different countries.
- You do not need to be from a native nation.
Drawbacks of teaching Hallo
You will get the following drawbacks to teaching on Hallo-
- There are sometimes tech issues on this platform.
- It can take time to build up your subscribers.
- With different ways of earning, you may need to keep a different approach to teaching the students according to the service taken.
Services offered by Hallo
Following are the three types of services offered by Hallo-
You can find students and grow their following by offering live classes. To sign up and view live classes from preferred lecturers, students must pay $7 per month. Students can take part in actual classes and develop their public speaking skills. At least two live lessons must be taught by you each week.
Private lesson instructors can set their hours and fees. As you become more well-known, you are free to raise your charges indefinitely.
With the help of the Hallo Courses, you can instruct a class of up to four learners. Additionally, you are expected to provide feedback and edit homework, both of which are paid for.
Is Hallo legit?
Hallow is a legit platform to use. There are 25,000 users currently registered on this platform. You will find students mostly adults on this platform. This also shows how reliable it is to use this platform. When we talk about its safety, the platform’s safety policy says that there is no sharing of your data with another 3rd party.
How much do you earn with Hallo?
As already mentioned, there are 3 ways by which you can earn money on this platform. Each service has its pay rate. So how much you can earn will depend upon what type of service you are giving to the students. For the courses, there is a commission of 40% that is taken by the hallo. The course pay rate is $6 per hour. So when you are teaching 2 or more students together you can get $12-$30. However, after the commission, your actual earnings will be around $7.20 – $18 for each hour.
Now when we talk about private lessons, you can set up your pay rate. The base rate set by the platform is about $7.25 for half hr of class. Although the platform will keep a commission of 25% from your earnings.
There is an option of direct calling on each tutor profile. The students can directly call the teacher. The charges are 0.6 per minute, and that student will have to pay you. The payment is done to you by Paypal for non-US teachers and ACH direct deposit for US teachers. There is an extra $1 transaction fee for each US teacher.
Requirements for becoming an instructor at Hallo
- You must be able to legally work in the US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia, and New Zeland
- There should be 1 year of experience in teaching
- You should have ESL certification
- Reliable laptop with working microphone and web camera
- Good speed of internet connection.
- You must be passionate about teaching and have friendly behavior toward the students.
How to become a tutor on Hallo?
- You first need to download the hallo application on this platform. It will give you a student account.
- When you get a student account, you will get your hallo id. When you get the hallo id, you need to visit back to the official website of Hallo and start filling out the application form.
- You will need to fill up the form with every important information. From your name to the zip code of your area.
- The application may also need a demo video of 5 minutes. In it, you should make a video like you are teaching an imaginary student.
- Once done, your application must be reviewed. After getting hired you will have to complete your profile.
- Sign up for the contract and return it. After it takes a FAQ test.
- Start creating your profile. Write on your bio-data for the teacher profile.
- Once done take up the new teacher training. When everything is done, start with your first live stream.
Hallo is an online marketplace for education with a foundation in Utah. It is an innovative way for ESL teachers to make money online. At Hallo, you can communicate with students from all over the world. Students on this platform tend to be between the ages of 18 and 30. Hallo is a platform that provides a variety of ways to make money. You can choose how you wish to make money because of this. Additionally, you are paid well for the services you do. However, you must remember that commission is taken from your earnings.
- Updated List of Every Duolingo Language Available in 2023 (With Stats of Users) - March 28, 2023
- What Happened to the Duolingo Incubator? (Will It Come Back?) - March 28, 2023
- Duolingo Leagues and Leaderboards – Step-by-Step Guide For You - March 27, 2023