HiTutor is an ESL platform that teaches English language fluency. The English language has become one of the most essential prerequisites for communicating across the world. ESL(English as a Second Language) has gained immense popularity among global citizens, as the English language is the most commonly spoken language around the world.
HiTutor is a platform where you can learn the English language. If we talk about the platform pay rate, it is generally considered low. However, it provides a great level of flexibility to the teachers in terms of teaching. Further, we have explained the review of this platform in detail.
All about HiTutor
HiTutor is an online tutoring platform, that teaches language fluency to students just like italki. HiTutor is a first-of-its-kind company that had established in 2009. This company fulfils its goal of teaching language fluency to students by providing professional, academic, and non-academic courses in 17 different languages. Around 50 and more other courses are also available for the different interests of students.
The primary focus or the main motive of this company is to teach languages to as many people as possible irrespective of their ages. This company hires tutors who are natives and also non-natives but have a good command over languages. The pay scale for tutors ranges anywhere from $2-$12 per hour.
The online classes are conducted in the formats of 1v1(one tutor for one student) and 1v4(one tutor for 3-4 students). Tutors need to be unbiased towards the age group preference and also be ready to teach any age group ranging from 7 to 70 years. There are various pros and cons of being a tutor on HiTutor, so let us take a look at some points below.
Pros of being a tutor on HiTutor
- Offers a good opportunity to teach various languages straight from home.
- The application process for this platform is simplified and also does not require live interviews which can be beneficial to many applicants.
- The tutors get access to the teaching materials for English and a few other languages on this platform.
- This company hires tutors who are natives and also non-natives.
- The tutors have the benefits of flexible schedules for teaching.
- There are no minimum hours of work commitment for tutors.
Cons of being a tutor on HiTutor
There are always two sides to everything, with the many benefits also come disadvantages for tutors which are stated below,
- The payment system may not be transparent for all applicants applying from different countries.
- The tutors have to face heavy penalties for being late.
- Due to flexible schedules, the bookings are also fluctuating and not on regular basis.
- Tutors need to be unbiased towards the age group preference and also be ready to teach any age group ranging from 7 to 70 years.
- The tutors get access to the teaching materials for English and only a few other languages so the tutor might have to prepare beforehand for many languages for which the materials are not provided.
- The payment can be considered low for many individuals applying for a tutor job.
Some additional information about HiTutor
- The online classes may last from 25 to 50 minutes.
- A few languages are mentioned here from the list of many languages that are taught. Some Languages are English, Indonesian, Chinese, Thai, Cantonese, French, German, Korean, Polish, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Vietnamese, and many more.
- HiTutor charges high penalties for lateness and those penalties can be 200% of the payment.
- The payments are made on a monthly basis and are regular.
Full HiTutor review – Is HiTutor Worth it?
The payment may be considered low for many individuals applying for a tutor job. Different pay scales are determined for tutors, which may be unliked by many fellow tutors. Looking at all the pros and cons of being a tutor on HiTutor that are mentioned above, it completely depends upon the individual to take up the job, but for an individual who is looking forward to a safe, work-from-home job, this job of teaching languages can be considered as a worthy option.
What can be the Legitimacy of working as a tutor on HiTutor?
It is a widely utilized ESL platform just like TeachCast, that teaches around 2,00,000 – 2,50,000 students and delivers around 4,00,000 language lessons . The legitimacy of this platform can be established by looking at the numbers above and also the user score provided for the platform.
What are the requirements for working as a tutor on HiTutor?
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in the teaching field and that too for teaching the English language to foreigners.
- A College Diploma or any other higher education level certificate
- A teaching license or a TEFL/TOEFL/TKT/TESOL certificate for native speakers.
- Remember to know how to deepen your voice while teaching online.
- Teaching or a language certificate for non-native speakers.
- A working laptop or a desktop.
- Headsets with a microphone.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Basic knowledge of computers and technology.
Looking at the various pros and cons of being a tutor on HiTutor which are mentioned above, it completely depends upon the individual to take up the job. But for an individual who is looking forward to a safe, work-from-home job, this job of teaching languages can be considered a worthy option.
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023