As times are changing, each sector in the world is being revolutionized. One of the biggest revolutions that have been seen is in the education system. Various online education platforms have grown up by which you can teach students virtually. One such platform is Lime English. It is a platform in which teachers who are native speakers connect with Chinese students to teach them different subjects just like KiwiCo.
You can only apply if you are from the US, UK, and Canada. The pay rate that they offer is quite high. You need to have either a bachelor’s degree or a certification to become a tutor on it. As the platform will book the classes, you will be getting high booking rates, Though you must be able to commit to the same time slot for at least 8 months for teaching. Further, we have discussed Lime English in detail.
What is Lime English?
Lime English is an online tutoring platform like Tutorgigs, hitutor, etc based in China, which was founded in 2016. You will find students between the age of 5 to 12 years. The platform offers arts, and language in addition to the English language just like lingoace, Nil English, All Right English, etc. It is more like a reading as well as a writing program that helps Chinese students to improve their writing as well as reading abilities. The students found on this platform usually have an intermediate level of English. Therefore, you do not need to behave like you are teaching very small kids. You need to prepare the lesson plans and give feedback after the class.
Benefits of working at Lime English
The following are the benefits of working at Lime English-
- There are no penalties for emergency leaves.
- You get higher pay than other platforms.
- There are other subjects than English.
- The platform books the classes and not the parents.
Drawbacks of working at Lime English
The following are the drawbacks of working at Lime English-
- They will only hire tutors from the USA, UK, and Canada.
- You may get rejected even after clearing the interview round.
- Although there is no fixed time for giving hours, you must be available for the same time slot for at least 8 months.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or related certificates i.e TESOL or TEFL.
lime English review – Is Lime English Worthy?
Yes, working at Lime English is worth it. You will get higher pay and also you can teach subjects different from English. Though you do not have to commit any minimum hours, you need to teach in the same slot you choose, at least for 8 months. Also, many tutors face problems once they clear the interview. It is most probably because the company may not want to give any fee to the recruiting boards. This shows if you are a tutor who is looking for a more flexible schedule to work in, then this might not be the right fit for you.
Is Lime English Legit to use?
Yes, Lime English is a legitimate platform that allows students to connect with tutors on various subjects. You can teach the students different subjects like Spanish, Mathematics, Economics, French, Science, etc. The only aim of the company is to develop the writing and reading skills of the students just like hoot reading. This platform is also reviewed by glassdoor. This shows how reliable and safe this platform is to use.
How much can you make on this platform?
The pay rate that you get per hour depends upon which subject you are choosing. For example, science can pay you more than different languages. The pay rate that you will get is mainly between $18 – $25 for each hour. In addition to it, you also get bonuses. You get 3 different types of bonuses.
Starting with the sign-up bonus, if someone signs up through your referral, you get $1 per sign-up. The second one is if you correct the homework of the student, you again get $1. The last one is by giving feedback. You get $0.5 for each feedback you give. Your total earnings are credited to you on the 10th of every month via Paypal. Also, there are no penalties on emergency leave.
Requirements to become a tutor on the platform
- You must be from the USA, UK, and Canada.
- There must be a bachelor’s or higher degree.
- You must have a laptop or a computer with a working web camera and microphone. Also, you should know how to use ClassIn. If you do not know about it, you must be ready to take up the training.
- You must have high internet speed as well.
- ESL certificates like TEFL or TESOL are needed.
- You must have 1 year of teaching experience.
- You can at least have a native-speaking accent.
How to apply at Lime English?
You can apply to Lime English by following these steps-
- Submit your email at their official website or send your resume to their email.
- You will get a response from them within 15 working days after you submit your resume if selected.
- They would ask you to submit a short introduction video in which you will need to answer the questions given by them.
- Although after it you may be told that you will get the contract within the coming days, several reports are showing that they reject the application after hiring them.
- However, if you are selected then it may be worth getting on board this platform.
Lime English is a platform that helps students to connect with tutors to learn different subjects like club z. The main aim of this platform is to develop the writing and reading skills of the students. You will get the students who have the intermediate level in those subjects. As far as the pay rate is concerned it is more competitive than the others. Also, there are bonuses that you get after completing various tasks.
However, the only problem that most of the applicants face is they get rejected even after the interviewer has told them that they are hired. Another thing why it may not be worth it for you is that you need to commit to the same schedule for teaching at least for 8 months. If you are looking for a flexible schedule time, then this platform is not for you.
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023