Online learning platforms are educational portals that give professors the ability to deliver live or recorded course material. The importance of online teaching platforms has been highlighted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions. For teachers, it has become one of the greatest advantages, as they can now teach comfortably sitting in their homes. MyTutor is one such organization that you may find online. Find out if MyTutor is a reliable platform to use by reading the entire review below.
The pay rate that you get on Mytutor is quite good but the problem with this platform is that you will not find more students on it. The number of teachers on this platform is generally higher than the availability of students. We will be discussing this platform in detail, let us first learn more about this platform.
What is MyTutor?
MyTutor is an Edtech platform founded in the UK in 2013, that provides several online tutoring services for a variety of courses just as Tutor Hunt, elevate k-12, etc. It operates by employing student tutors from the best institutions in the nation. Its goal is to serve as both a high-quality educational service and a means for students to earn money while attending college.
You will get a lot of other features including an interactive classroom with a whiteboard for demonstrations. There is an option to meet tutors via video conference for free before you hire them for lessons. As far as getting hired is concerned, only one in eight candidates receives a job offer from MyTutor. It ensures that all of its tutors are selected from Ivy League institutions.
Benefits of MyTutor
- There is no need for teaching experience.
- It has a lot of previous good reviews.
- There are multiple types of booking on the platform.
- The pay rate is also good.
- There is no strict cancellation policy on this platform. If you cancel the class within 24 hours you will need to reschedule it.
Drawbacks of teaching at MyTutor
- There are some specific 60 universities from which they select tutors.
- You will only get 58% of the total pay rate.
- Being a new tutor, you will get very few classes starting.
- There must be a DBS check to get the payment.
myTutor review – Is MyTutor worth it?
MyTutor is a respectable and long-standing platform that offers important connections to different school tutoring programs. Despite this, they still seem to have more tutors than the booking of students. Also, different reviews show it might be hard for getting students. The lower pay rate is slightly higher than the UK’s minimum wage. There is no extra income for preparation time. Although MyTutor is unlikely to be a full-time source of income. You would consider it in your list of Backup choices for online teaching.
Is MyTutor legit?
Yes, MyTutor is a legit platform to use. It can be seen by the funding they have to raise around £38.9 million. They have been working within the partnership of the National Tuition Programme and The Education Endowment Foundation. Also a very popular platform Trustpilot gives you a rating of 4.7 out of 5. This platform is not only used by students but also by more than 100 schools. As far as the safety issue is concerned, the platform secures its data with the use of Sage Pay, Click CEOP, and Cyber Essentials.
How much MyTutor can pay you?
MyTutor pays you according to the service you are giving. It will be different if you are giving private teaching classes than if the student is using it as a school program. The pay rate that the platform offers varies in the range of £10 – £24 but after the VAT deduction and the company’s commission. This means that the tutor’s pay rate is around £18 – £36.
If a student does not attend the classroom, then you will still get the pay for that class, although you need to present for that particular hour. You can even get a bonus income by referring it to your friends. You can earn up to £10 for each successful referral.
Requirements for becoming a tutor on MyTutor
- It would help if you were a current or a recent pass-out from the top 60 universities.
- There must be A grades in the subjects you have chosen.
- You must be legal to work in the UK.
- Working laptop/PC with a good quality HD camera and microphone installed in Headphones.
- There must be a downloaded google chrome on your laptop.
How to become a tutor on the MyTutor platform?
To become a tutor on this platform you need to follow the steps given below-
- Start by applying on their official web page. You will need to sign up on their platform and apply on their website. Although if there are no vacancies available at the movement you will be redirected to their official webpage.
- The next step is to fill out all the essential information asked in the application form. You may need to add the basic details along with your resume as well as your CV.
- It may take up to 5 business days to get a reply from them.
- If your application is approved, you will need to go through the live interview on the platform. The interview that takes place is 10 -15 minutes.
- In that interview, you can find yourself in a situation where you may need to give answers to the questions based on your background or your teaching style.
- Once done you will get an email with the response if you are selected or not.
MyTutor is a reputable platform that provides connections to various tutoring programs at schools. Despite this, they still appear to have more tutors than pupils booked. Additionally, several reports indicate that it can be challenging to recruit students. The lower pay rate is just a little bit more than the UK minimum wage. There is no additional money for preparation time. It is unlikely that MyTutor will serve as a full-time source of revenue. Still, it must be on your list for teaching online opportunities.
- Duolingo Family Plan Complete Guide 2023 (Everything Covered) - March 30, 2023
- Full Tutor Review of Course Hero 2023: Is Tutor of Course Hero Worth It? - March 30, 2023
- Full Sparknotes In-depth Review 2023: Is it cheating and reliable? - March 30, 2023