English has become one of the most important languages in recent times. Thus the need for learning is also increasing. To meet up this demand different ESL platforms are emerging online. Native Camp is one such platform that is created for helping Japanese students to speak English fluently. This is one such platform that does not hire tutors from a native-speaking nation. If you have an intermediate level of English speaking skills, you can apply on this platform.
This platform will hire you even if you are a non-native speaker. The pay rate that you get is quite low. However, the best part of this platform is that you do not need to give specific working hours on it. Further, we have discussed Native Camp in detail.
What is Native Camp?
Native Camp just like dazo, Nil English, All Right English, etc is one of the top ESL online tutoring programs in Japan. It is an organization that built a special language platform that is used to provide lessons. Its goal as an online English school is to raise the proportion of English-speaking people in Japan. They achieve it by allowing the teachers to give entertaining, educational, and practical activities.
Thus to become a tutor on this platform you need to give entertaining as well as fun classes. They also assist students in developing the English communication skills necessary for use in both professional, and social settings. English is the one language that everyone speaks, so Native Camp encourages all Japanese to utilize it for a variety of purposes.
native camp review – Is Native Camp worth it?
Native Camp is a platform that helps to connect the students to learn English from teachers all over the world. The pay rate that you will get is lower than other ESL platforms like TeachCast. You not only get low pay rates but many students give the tutors negative reviews which makes their pay rate even lesser. Though there are some kinds of tasks by which you can earn some bonus.
Also, the support system provided to the teachers is not that worth it. Many other similar platforms will help you to earn more than this platform.
Benefits of working at Native Camp
- You can even apply to this platform if you are a non-native speaker.
- There is no commitment to giving minimum hours on this platform.
- You can work at any time as this platform allows you to teach you 24/7.
- There is no requirement for any degree or certification.
- You also get incentives when you complete the required tasks.
Drawbacks of working at Native Camp
- The pay rates are generally low when compared to other platforms.
- Many students give negative remarks which affect the pay rate.
- The lesson plans are limited till the time you achieve the teaching badges for different textbooks.
- If you are from the Philippines, you need to have more than 6 months of teaching experience.
- The support system provided to teachers is not worthy. They do not consider the problems that the teachers are facing.
Is Native Camp a legit platform?
Yes, it is legal to use Native Camp. It gives you a security policy that gives you 100% security of the data you enter on their website. Although their security policy also mentions when they will share your data with other parties. They will share your data only and only if you agree to share it or under legal things. Also, this platform is rated by the most popular job portal i.e Glassdoor. This shows how legit it is to use it. There are around 13,000 tutors and students equal to half a million in numbers. It shows how reliable it is to use it.
How much do you make at Native Camp?
The pay rate that you get is lower when compared to other platforms. You get $9 for 25 minutes and $18 per hour. Although to achieve it you need to take up some spontaneous classes. It will give you $3 to $4. If you are from the Philippines then your pay rate even gets lower. You get around $1.25 per class. Although there are other activities like giving referrals to earn some bonus.
Also if you give 100 successful classes within 2 weeks of getting hired, you get a bonus of $45. The payment is transferred to your account via Paypal and via direct deposit if you are from Filipino with your account in BPI or PNB. The earnings are transferred on the 1st and 15th of every month.
Requirements for becoming a tutor at Native Camp
- You must know the intermediate level of English.
- The minimum age you need to have is 18 years.
- Have a laptop and computer to work on with a good-quality microphone and webcam.
- If you are a Filipino, then you must have a minimum of 6 months of English teaching experience.
How to apply at Native Camp?
To apply at Native Camp you need to follow some of the easy steps-
- Visit the official website of Native Camp. Click on apply and then create your account.
- Once done, fill out the necessary information they ask you to give.
- When done, you need to take an online English proficiency test. This test will compromise 40 questions that you need to complete in 20 minutes. Remember you can take it only once.
- If you pass the test, you need to go through a system check. In it, the company will look if your laptop is working or not and check the quality of your camera and microphone.
- The next step is to give an interview. In the interview, you will need to answer some questions that are asked of them. You also need to give a demo session.
- The demo session is 25 minutes. You will also get a script that you can use to prepare your lesson plan.
- You need to take up an online quiz for the subject you have chosen.
- Once done, you need to fill out the details needed for setting up your profile.
Native Camp is an online English tutoring platform that helps you to teach online students who are mostly from Japan. The main purpose of this platform is to make more English speakers in Japan. Talking about the pay rate, they are comparatively lower than the other platforms. Also, many students give their teachers negative reviews which further results in decreasing the pay rate. Though an important point here is that you can become a tutor on this platform even if you are a non-native speaker. You just need to have an intermediate level of English to become a tutor on it.
- Do you have to do GCSEs if you are homeschooled? - March 22, 2023
- Is A-Level Sociology Hard? - March 22, 2023
- What Are GCSE Mock Exams? - March 22, 2023