Nil English is a company which is in South Korea that has been operating since 2017. Nil English is to teach Korean adults and children through one-on-one online classes. The native speakers hired from North America have a graduate degree. The tutors are paid per hour dollar 7.5 which includes a bonus that is given after 3 and 6 months of joining the tutor. The teacher should teach at least 10 hours a week across 5 days. But is it worth teaching on this platform?
The salary is given to the teacher as per the class completion not based on the per hour. You can freely schedule your class on this platform. However, if you are on a holiday for 3 days, you will be getting terminated from the platform. Further, we have discussed Nil English in detail.
Nil English review
Nil English is a platform that is like Cleverkid, Cambly, acadsoc, protostar, YiYi English, voxy, outschool, etc. The average rating given to a nil English company is 3 out of 4. The following are some negative and positive points for nil English.
- The teachers are free to schedule their classes.
- The nil English company has good management.
- They always provide support to the child we have been struggling with in the academic zone.
- All classes are conducted in one on one groups by which the communication skill is developed in the student as the teacher has their full focus on one student.
- The teachers have complained over low starting pay.
- The teacher has to face unpaid time also.
- If the teacher goes for a 3-day outage then the teacher will be terminated.
Is Nil English Worth it?
Starting salary of the teachers in Nil education is low. after the completion of 3 months or after 6 months with the bonus. The teacher who wants to apply for Nil English. Contain a simple application process by which the teacher can apply for a tutor in a nil English company.
The environment of Nil education is more relaxed but the tutor has to complete 10 hours within 5 days of classes which is difficult for teachers who want free scheduling from week to week. As the tutor has to teach the student both adults and children. For children goes up to 20 minutes and the minimum requirement is 10 minutes. The adult classes are 60 minutes or 45 minutes.
What are the pros and cons of Nil English?
- The teacher’s pay is increased after 3 months or after 6 months.
- The application process for the teacher is small and simple.
- A long-term relationship is built between the student and tutor as per the classes being conducted.
- The starting pay for the teacher is very low.
- The teacher has to teach at least 2 hours per day and 5 days a week.
- The teacher cannot pick students such as adults or children for teaching.
- As per new joining the teachers take time, in the beginning, to fill the schedule for class time.
How much does Nil English pay?
The salary is given to the teacher as per the class completion not based on the per hour. The teachers get $1.50 for teaching a 10-minute class and if the teacher is punctual then a 10% attendance bonus is also given to them. The teacher can teach at least 5 classes in one hour. The following table is showing how the teacher can receive an increase in the Nil education salary after completing 3 and 6 months:
|0 months||1.50 per 10-minute class.|
|3 months||2.00 per 10-minute class|
|6 months||2.50 per 10-minute class.|
What are the working hours in Nil English?
The teacher has to teach the Student at least 2 hours a day and five days a week total completed in a week is 10 hours. The following are available teaching shifts in nil English.
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
The teacher teaches the young student for a shorter time period which is 10 or 20 minutes per lesson but the adult is booked for the class of 60 minutes.
What are the requirements for Nil English?
The following are simple requirements to teach in English:
The teachers are assigned as native English speakers from North America.
The teacher should contain a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
The minimum amount which the teacher should take the student per day is 2 hours from Monday to Friday.
The teacher should have a good knowledge and understanding of English grammar basics so that the student is able to start from the basics.
Teachers should have multi-tasking skills and should be punctual, and patient.
Should have a computer or a laptop that should be connected to high internet speed.
Classes are conducted 10,20 or 60 minutes long in which there is one on one interaction through zoom Skype or telephone. In this way, there are a lot of conversation and speaking practices which is more beneficial to the adult student as their class is being conducted for longer sessions. Students in English online teaching can range from 6 to 60 years of age. The teacher Can’t select or pick whom they want to teach, adult or child. They have to teach both adults and children comfortably.
- Full Tutor Review of Course Hero 2023: Is Tutor of Course Hero Worth It? - March 30, 2023
- Full Sparknotes In-depth Review 2023: Is it cheating and reliable? - March 30, 2023
- Full Grammarly In-depth Review 2023: Complete Guide - March 30, 2023