English has become one of the most learned languages. Thus there are a lot of online platforms that are helping students to learn this language. Open English is an online English-speaking language that was founded in 2006. Now this company is based out of Florida USA. The Company Has around 20000 employees and consists of 600000 students.
open English is an online platform that helps students to learn the English language. If we talk about the overall rating of this platform, this platform has a lot of drawbacks for you especially if you are a teacher. You will be getting low pay than the other ESL platforms and also the booking rates are very low than the other platforms. Further, we have discussed this platform in detail.
open English review
It is just like other ESL platforms like 31abc platform, acadsoc, protostar, YiYi English, voxy. The average rating given to the open English page is 3.8 out of 5 with 75% of the reviews given by their recommended friend. The following are some positive and negative reviews about open English.
- The company provides tutors who work from home.
- The students who are learning English are very motivated.
- The teachers do not need to prepare lessons or material.
- In the case of sharing the shifts, it is an easy method.
- The teachers get the chance to meet a variety of people coming from around the world.
- The company provides tutors with low pay.
- And the company does not have a regular student booking.
- The pay is done only once a month.
What are the pros and cons of open English?
The following are some pros and cons of open English:
- The student is being taught with American hours and also there is an alternative to China.
- The teacher can shift their class or drop which will not cause any penalty.
- English Open has a simple application process in which the total has to record a short interview but isn’t required to have a teaching demo.
- The student Have the option by the day to teach children to adults
- The pay provided to the tutors is below the average.
- The requirement process is potentially a slow process.
- There are no regular students coming to learn in the company.
What is the salary or pay given to open English tutors?
The salary given to the teachers by Open English is from $7 to 13 per hour which depends upon the time of teaching. During the interview process, the candidate is being asked but at the pay rate, you are supposed at that time the candidate should counter it and ask for the maximum amount. If the tutor is performing well and has a certain number of hours completed then they move to the upper Tier and an additional $1 per hour is paid.
What are the working hours in open English?
The working hours of open English are considered to be from 9:00 a.m. to 11 p.m. but the peak hours are on weekday evenings from 4 to 11 p.m. as the teacher has a flexible should you due to the shift drop and pick up option in open English where can pick up the class which another teacher has dropped with short notice. And open English offers the tutor two cancellations of the class each month.
What is the required degree asked by open English?
The teacher is not required to have a degree or diploma for becoming a tutor in open English so long as they have a certificate in TEFL Which is being asked to upload during the application process.
What are the general requirements for open English?
The following are the requirements to apply to open English.
- The company requires a native English speaker.
- The age of the candidates should be 18 or over.
- Candidates should have teaching experience in English.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree or TEFL certificate; they are not required to have both qualifications.
- The candidate should have a working PC or laptop with a good-quality webcam and microphone.
- The candidate should have a high-speed internet connection for uploading and downloading documents easily.
- The candidate needs to teach for at least 10 hours per week.
How to apply to open English?
By visiting the page open English click on the button to apply now in which you have to fill in the following information.
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- A document showing that you are legally allowed to work in the USA.
- The age confirmation.
- The current location.
After completing the information, submit the form then the following steps need to be performed.
- Upload a short video as a demo.
- Upload all the documents including the resume degree and TEFL certificate.
- Internet connection speed test.
- The grammar quiz brief.
What are the common questions asked in the interview in open English?
The candidate has to record a one-minute answer to 3 to 5 questions. The questions being asked are genuine. The following are some questions.
- What is the teaching experience?
- Why do you want to work in open English?
- What is the motivation behind the teaching?
- How will you manage different types of students?
The teachers have the option to teach the student by one on one class or in a group class that consists of adult or Child students. as a degree is not important but the teacher should have a TEFL certificate. The teacher is given the pay of $7 to 13. the minimum hours of work required by the teacher are up to 10 hours per week
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023