There are many emerging online platforms that help to teach English to students. Spicus is a similar platform that usually focuses on teaching Korean adults English by taking 10-minute one-on-one audio classes. The native speakers are Usually from Canada, the US, and the Philippines.
For teaching in spicus, a teaching degree certificate is not compulsory. You will get the payment according to the hour as for one hour they are paid $12-15. Students will attend the class regularly. Though this platform does not give much flexibility to the teachers, it is worth using it if you want to earn money on this platform.
English has become the biggest requirement to get into any field. Due to it, many online English teaching platforms have emerged. Some of them are CafeTalk, VIPKids, protostar, acadsoc, YiYi English, voxy, and Spicus. Spicus is the platform on which you will be teaching English to the students just like Native Camp. The average rating given to the spicus page is 3.3 out of 5 of which 60% are committed to their friends. Following are some positive and negative reviews about spicus:
- The staff of spicus is being supportive.
- The students attend the class regularly.
- The work level of Spicus company is easy.
- Negative review about the paying system as they are low rated.
- There was a complaint about the attitude of some students.
- The teacher cannot schedule the class on their own as the spicus company has a fixed scheduled class.
Is Spicus worth it?
When we compare spicus company with other online platforms, the booking rate of the spicus company is good. The application process for the teacher to apply is short and simple. But the teacher has a low pay rate. Spicus’ company doesn’t have many young students and the classes are being shot and there is no facility for video lectures.
What are the pros and cons of Spicus?
- Spicus company has a good booking rate.
- The hiring process for teachers is done quickly and easily with no formal interview.
- The teacher has a degree, teaching certificate, and experience that are beneficial to them but it is not necessary.
- The teachers are hired only from the USA, Canada, and the Philippines.
- Here there is a fixed schedule for the classes as the teacher has to teach 4-hour shifts 5 days a week.
- The teacher has to deal with back-to-back classes in a 24-hour shift and there is no break between the classes.
- Here there are no children in the class. They contain adult students only.
How much does Spicus pay?
The tutor who is teaching in Spicus starts the pay at $2 per 10-minute class Or a phone call. If the teacher has good teaching experience and a certificate they may start the pay from $2.50. The pay given to the teacher per hour is considered to be $12-15 per hour. The salary is given to the tutor by direct depositing the money in the bank.
What is the requirement to work in Spicus?
The following are some requirements to work in spicus as a tutor:
- The teachers who are going to teach in spicus should be from the USA, Canada, or the Philippines.
- The teacher should have a native accent.
- The teacher should have a good character in teaching and should have a work ethic.
- The teacher should be hardworking and should encourage the student while giving the lesson.
- The teacher should have a Passion to teach the students.
- The teacher Should have working shifts from 3 to 4 hours.
What are the technical requirements for Spicus?
The following are the technical requirement for spicus:
- The teacher Should contain a PC or a Mac computer.
- On the PC or a Mac computer the windows that should be there are 7,8 Or 10 or Mac OS equivalent.
- Should contain Intel Core of i3 i5 or i7 Processor.
- They should also contain a USB setting in which there is a microphone and noise cancellation technique.
- Should have a Clear webcam.
- There should be a high-speed internet service such as:
- In North America, the internet speed should be at least 50mbps.
- In the Philippines, the internet speed should be at least 10 Mbps.
The teachers are given the pay of $12-15 per hour and the native and non-native teachers are accepted only if they are from the USA, Canada, or the Philippines. The teacher doesn’t need any degree Or diploma as compulsory. There is no chod student in the class, only the adult students are available. The minimum work for the teacher is 4-20 hours per week.
How satisfied is the teacher working with spicus?
The tutor who has worked in Spicus has to recommend working there to a friend based. The rate given to Spicus tutors by employees is 3.6 out of 5 for work-life balance, and the rate for culture and value is given 3.2.
What are the working hours in Spicus?
The teacher working in Spicus company has to work a minimum of 20 hours a week which is divided into fixed hours for 4 hours shifts on 5 days a week. The teacher is flexible to choose the shift time whether they want to work in the morning or evening shift.
The time covered in the morning is 7211 a.m. and in the evening is 5 from 9:00 p.m. the minimum audio class lasts for 10 minutes. Students have to choose the class according to the time such as a 20 or 30-minute lesson. The teachers have to teach the student back to back to back classes no break is given.
- Does the Respondus Lockdown Browser Record & Monitor You? (Is there Any Way to Skip it?) - March 29, 2023
- How to keep Valuables Safe in a Dorm room? (6 Easy Tips) - March 29, 2023
- Can Google Meet Detect Cheating? (5 Tips for Preventing it) - March 29, 2023