At the current time, there are many online ESL tutoring platforms that you can find online. One of them is Tutlo. Tutlo hires native English speakers to teach students from all over the world, usually from Poland. You can also become a tutor on Tutlo if you are from a native English-speaking country. We have covered some of the quick ways of tutlo review for you if you are in a hurry-
- Tutlo is an online english tutoring platform based in Poland.
- There is no commitment to working hours.
- The pay rate is generally low.
- You will need a tax residence certificate.
- You must also be a native speaker to become a tutor on this certificate.
- You will need to make an introduction video and may also need to give a demo session.
Further, we have discussed Tutlo in detail for your better understanding.
What is Tutlo?
It is an online English language tutoring Poland-based business. Although people from all over the world can use their services, the majority of their students are from Poland. To satisfy the unique demands of their customers, they provide a variety of specialized courses. You may study general English or grammar or any other related subject. Tutlo employs tutors remotely from different countries including the US, Australia, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and Canada.
Is it worth it?
A very less known ESL option, Tutlo, has received some generally favorable reviews. Although there is no assurance of lessons and some teachers may not want to commit significant time as there is a very low scope of getting classes. Though it is completely flexible and you simply have to log in when you want to teach the students. The pay rate you get on this platform is also lower than the other platforms.
Benefits of using Tutlo to teach
- There is no minimum or maximum commitment of time to teach on this platform.
- You will get the lessons to teach the students.
- The management system is very responsive. You can ask their queries to them anytime you want.
Drawbacks of using Tutlo to teach
- They give low pay rates as compared to other online tutoring platforms.
- The platform gives preference to native English speakers.
- You must submit the tax residency certificate. This will help you to get save from polish taxes.
- Just like other online tutoring platforms, there is no guarantee of getting students regularly.
Is Tutlo a legit platform?
Yes, Tutlo is a legit platform just like VipKid whose main ambition is to focus students on from all over the world. This startup was launched with 2000 registrations. Although there are not many reviews but all the reviews are positive about it. In fact, Glassdoor gives it a rating of 4 out of 5. This shows that there is no legal harm in using this platform. Also, your data is secured with this platform.
How much do you earn from Tutlo?
The pay rate on this platform is very low i.e $5 – $9 hourly. In addition to it, there is a Polish Tax deduction until you offer tax residency certification. This means if you are getting $9 per hour, then you will only get $7.20 for each hour. Therefore you must make sure to submit your tax certification. Also, another thing that you should know is that you will get your salary through PayPal each month.
What are the peak hours to teach?
The hours to teach on this platform are usually between 9 am – 9 pm (CET). Although the peak hours on this platform are usually after 6 pm (CET) when the school is off. Taking classes during peak hours will increase your chances of getting students.
Requirements for becoming a tutor on Tutlo
The following are the requirements for becoming a tutor-
- You must be a native speaker, especially from the US, Australia, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and Canada just like Konnekt Kid
- The age to teach on tutlo is at least 18 years old.
- You must have 6 months of experience in online tutoring.
- There should be a valid certification though it will depend on which country you belong to.
- You must have a working laptop including a high-quality web camera and microphone.
- There must be a high-speed internet connection.
What is the hiring process for tutlo?
To apply at Tutlo you have to follow these easy steps-
- You first need to submit your application form. For this, you have to visit the official page of it and click on tutlo application icon.
- When open, you need to fill up the required data on it. You have to fill up information like personal data and answer some related questions.
- Once done, you need to make a quick self-introductory video and upload it to the system. If you are confused about creating a self-introductory video, you can always find a lot of samples on how to create one.
- According to some tutors, you may need to give a 15-minute demo/interview session. Though there is very less information on it.
- You will get the response to your final application within 24 hours after completion.
Tutlo is a Poland-based platform that connects students from all over the world and tutors from native English-speaking countries. Although the pay rate on this platform is lower than the other platforms, the hiring process is also simple than other platforms. Also if you do not submit your tax residency certificate, then an extra Polish tax deduction will be deducted by the platform.
- Updated List of Every Duolingo Language Available in 2023 (With Stats of Users) - March 28, 2023
- What Happened to the Duolingo Incubator? (Will It Come Back?) - March 28, 2023
- Duolingo Leagues and Leaderboards – Step-by-Step Guide For You - March 27, 2023