Although you might believe that only a few college-level courses are taught online, online teachers are hired at all grade levels including K–12. The demand for online teachers, tutors, and other educators has increased due to the pandemic. There are various platforms which are offering online tutoring services to various students. One such platform that you will find online is Tutorgigs.
To become a tutor on this platform, you do not need to have any certification or degree. The pay rate that you get is good but the only problem is that you have to commit to the time slot that you have selected for the whole semester. Further, we have discussed more regarding tutorgigs.
What are Tutorgigs?
Tutorgigs is an online platform situated in Houston, Texas, and was founded in 2005. This platform serves students throughout the country. It is an online tutoring platform where that supports students in grades K–12 in improving their academic performance in a variety of subjects. Just like my tutor, outschool, tutlo, etc you will have to teach multiple subjects on this platform. Although they accept applications for all the subjects, their main focus is on subjects like science, English, and math. You can work from home and set your schedules irrespective of your profession. The goal of TUTORGIGS is to improve educational equity for children from communities of color and who are academically underprivileged.
Benefits of being a tutor at Tutorgigs
- You get a good pay rate.
- There are high chances of getting higher payments.
- You do not need any educational degree, TESOL, and TEFL certification.
- There is no need for any experience as well.
- High flexibility for taking classes.
- The selection process is simple and unlike other online teaching platforms like KiwiCo, you will not need to give a live demo session.
Drawbacks of being a tutor at Tutorgigs
- You must be able to work in the USA legally.
- Although there is flexibility in deciding your working hours, you need to be committed to that slot during the whole semester.
- There are technical issues found many times online.
- You will have to pay for a background check.
tutorgigs review – Is Tutorgigs worth it?
Due to their low entry barrier and good compensation rate, Tutorgigs is worthwhile to consider. Some teacher reviews raise concerns about the technical issues, management of the platform, and the degree to which these problems have been overcome. The cost of background checks and fingerprinting may deter some applicants as well. But it could be a great help to you if you do not have any degree or teaching experience. Don’t forget the point that it also does not ask for TESOL/TEFL certifications.
Is Tutorgigs legit?
How much do you get on Tutorgigs?
One surprising fact that this platform has is you get paid per session and not the time duration. You will get $20 per session on this platform. The session duration can be between 10 – 60 minutes. Also if your student does not attend the session you will still get the payment for that session, though you will have to record that session so that the student could sess that session afterward. You get the payments once every week. The payments are paid by different payment options including direct deposits, PayPal, electronic checks, etc.
Requirements for becoming a tutor at Tutorgigs
Although there are no such specific requirements to become a tutor on this platform, you must be legally allowed to work in the USA. Along with it, you must have good teaching skills. In addition to it, you must have a working laptop with an HD web camera and working microphones.
How to apply as a tutor on Tutorgigs?
To apply at Tutorgigs, you will have to follow the following steps-
- Start by signing up on Tutorgigs. You will have to click on the sign-up option on the platform, and you need to fill out the full form that appears on the screen.
- Fill out important details asked in the form. You will need to include your basic information along with answers to the questions based on your teaching skills.
- After completing the application form, you will need to take up a quiz. The quiz will involve 2 to 8 multiple quiz questions.
- If you fail the quiz, you will need to make another account on this platform. Though if you pass the exam, you will need to make up a demo video to showcase your talent.
- In it, you will need to also answer some of the questions asked by the company to record.
- Once completed you will receive an email about getting selected. The next step is to go for a pack ground check.
- You will need to pay the charges for the background check. After the successful background check, you will need to do the training of it.
- Once done, set up your tutor profile and start taking up classes.
Students from all over the nation are served by Tutorgigs. They help kids in grades K–12 improve their academic performance in a range of areas using their online tutoring platform. Tutorgigs is an excellent option to take into consideration because of their short entry barriers and good pay rate. Though there are concerns regarding the platform’s management and technological challenges. Some applicants might also be discouraged due to background investigation and fingerprinting. But if you lack a degree or teaching experience, it might be of great use to you. Remember that it also does not require TESOL or TEFL credentials which is an extra benefit.
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023