This article provides a full TutorMe review. Online platforms that are providing online tutoring facilities are getting popular with time. Students from all over the world benefit from this platform. You can also become a tutor on this platform. You can connect to them and become a tutor and teach students with similar interests. One such platform is TutorMe. It is a U.S based platform that helps teachers from native English-speaking countries to connect with students from different countries. Want to learn more about it and find out if it is worth it or not?
The best part of this platform is that you can teach any of the subjects on this platform and you do not need to give any interviews on this platform. However, it is very hard to become a tutor on this platform as they only hire 4% of the tutors. Also, the pay rate is fixed and they do not increase it even in the future. Further, there is more discussion on TutorMe to help you know more about it.
What is TutorMe?
There are many online tutoring platforms like heytutor, stride learning, classo, stride learning, latinhire, etc where you can teach online. TutorMe is another teaching platform that has both online courses and one on one teaching services for students. If you are a tutor you can use this platform to teach students throughout the world. You can teach any subject of your choice from math to programming just like you can do on Brainfuse. Also if you are a college student and are sure about your subject you can be a tutor on this platform. Another benefit of being a tutor on it is you can use it as your side hustle. The only aim of this platform is to teach the students effectively and conveniently.
TutorMe review – Is TutorMe worth it?
It’s A US-based online teaching platform like Tutorgigs that hires college students or graduates to teach students. They have good reviews from various tutors. The platform pays you $16 an hour with weekly payments that are done every Thursday. It has a straightforward application process with no demo or interview requirements. However, they only accept 4% of applicants. The platform offers you flexibility in timing and connects you with students from different countries.
Advantages of TutorMe
The following are the benefits of using TutorMe-
- You do not need to give any interview for getting selected on this platform
- There is no tension of payment as you are paid weekly.
- It is very easy to use this platform. The platform is easy to navigate.
- There are many positive reviews from already existing tutors.
Disadvantages of TutorMe
The following are the drawbacks of using TutorMe-
- Though you do not need to go through an interview, the chances of getting selected are very less. They only accept 4% of total applications.
- It may take over a month to review the application.
- The pay rate is fixed i.e $16 per hour. There is no chance that the pay rate may increase in the future.
Is TutorMe legit?
This platform has hired more than 15,000 tutors and has more than 1.5 million students from all over the world. This number proves that TutorMe is very reliable. The name of this platform was also mentioned under the Best remote companies to work under by Built In’s blog. Trustpilot also gives this platform a rating of 4.7 out of 5. This shows that this platform is safe and legal to use.
How much do you make on TutorMe?
To earn on TutorMe you need to spend at least 5 min per lesson. The amount you earn will depend upon how much time you are giving per lesson. This means that if you are giving less than 5 minutes, you will not be getting any amount for that. The basic pay rate that you will get on this platform is $16 per hour. You get your amount weekly via Paypal every Thursday. However, if there are any federal holidays, the payment can be delayed by a day or 2.
How much time do you need to give on TutorMe?
There are no specific hours or times that you need to give per week to claim your earnings. The only condition is to spend 5 minutes on each lecture to get the total amount of your earnings. However, there may be subjects where you need to give 45 minutes to a single lesson.
What are the requirements for becoming a tutor on this platform?
The following are the prerequisite for becoming a tutor on this platform-
- You should be 18 years old
- The GPA should be more than 3.5
- Specialization in any of the subject
- You should be doing or have cleared your master’s degree
- There should be high-speed and also high performing
- Having past teaching experience is preferred
Is TutorMe good for tutors?
If you are a tutor you will love to work at TutorMe. They provide flexibility in your working hours and also you can build up a small group of students with which you can work continuously. You can connect with students who share the same interest and help them in their subjects whenever you are free. Also, you do not need to worry about the pay. You get the payment every week on Thursdays.
How to become a tutor?
You need to follow these easy steps to become a tutor on this platform-
- You need to visit the official website and select the apply now button. You will have to sign up on TutorMe tutor registration using your Facebook or Google account.
- Once done, it will show you the student portal. Click on the profile and select ‘Become A Tutor’. After clicking on it you will be taken back to the signup page.
- Click on Apply Now and a new application form is opened. You will need to create an account by filling out all the information. Questions on the application form need to be filled out.
- Although you should know that only 4% of applications get accepted by this platform. Also, keep a point in mind that it may take a month to process your application.
TutorMe is a platform where you can connect with students. You will get $16 for every hour you teach on this platform. Though to get paid you need to spend more than 5 minutes per session. This means that you will get the payment depending on the duration of your lecture. Although your application may take more than one month to get accepted, there are only a 4% chances that your application will be accepted.
- Updated List of Every Duolingo Language Available in 2023 (With Stats of Users) - March 28, 2023
- What Happened to the Duolingo Incubator? (Will It Come Back?) - March 28, 2023
- Duolingo Leagues and Leaderboards – Step-by-Step Guide For You - March 27, 2023