When you are giving a research paper or writing any content, you need to make sure that there is no plagiarism. Plagiarism is copying others’ content under your name. Thus you look for different plagiarism-detecting tools. One such plagiarist tool is Turnitin. But what is a Turnitin self-checker and how to use it?
Turnitin is a tool for the student and the teacher of the school, colleges, or universities to check the percentage of plagiarism. The process of using Turnitin is very simple. All you need to do is put the content that you need to check on the platform and go for self-check. Let us further know more about the Turnitin self-checker.
What is a Turnitin self-checker?
The Turnitin self-checker is used for checking plagiarism in drafts, papers, or assignments. It is a tool for the student and the teacher of the school, colleges, or universities to check the percentage of plag. you have to purchase college students, staff, and faculty for access to the Turnitin self-checker.
Uses of Turnitin self-checker:
- To receive an immediate response on the textual draft of the paper or assignment against billions of web pages, student papers, journals, and books are used to detect plagiarism by the use of the Turnitin self-checker.
- The student can self-check on the notes, draft, or paper before the submission whether there is any plag. and the chance of mark reduction is less when the plagiarism is already checked.
- It is useful for the teacher in case of checking the plagiarism of the student’s paper, draft, or assignment. The teacher can easily check whether it is copied or not. and helps them to know what the student should avoid writing.
- During the plagiarism check, it checks the similarity of the content written by the student, and basic grammar error is checked that too can be corrected using the Turnitin self-checker.
Main features of Turnitin self-checker:
Turnitin’s main features are as follows:
Turnitin checks the originality of the student’s work whether it is copied from a different source or not. if the content is similar to any other database or browser will show plagiarism.
Gradescope helps the user to reduce the burden of grading. It also provides the students with proper feedback on where the student needs to improve. The feedback given is timely due to which the student is engaged in their work more.
Authentication makes sure that the data written is unfettered and not copied from the same browser or database as others. It can be used for an academic organization, by publishers, students of higher education, and faculty.
By the originality report, the part of the data taken from another browser will be marked in red. And at the top-right, the percentage of the similarity will be displayed of how much of their given data is original or copied.
5. Revision assistant:
With this feature, the student can improve their writing as Turnitin have the grade scope feature that provides instant feedback and the area to be improved is mentioned. It supports the student at every level beginning with submitting the data for plagiarism and in the improvement of the data from a similar percentage of the amount.
Steps to create an account in the Turnitin self-checker:
If you need to access the Turnitin self-checker you need to make an account in it. If you are not login the following are the steps to use it:
- Firstly visit the official website turnintin.com and create an account.
- Select create a student account if you are a student and select create a teacher account if you are a teacher and click to the next step.
- Fill in all the details like entering your name, email address, and the new password, confirming the password and clicking to create an account.
- After clicking to create an account a message will be received at your mentioned email address, follow the instructions mentioned in the mail to activate your account.
- After these steps, your account will be successfully created, after it to check go to Turnitin and log in there. enter the email and the password you have set while creating your account.
How to check plagiarism on the Turnitin self-checker?
- Step 1: Visit the official site of the Turnitin self-checker i.e turnitin.com
- Step 2: Log in to your account which will give an access to use the Turnitin self-checker.
- Step 3: choose the option of Turnitin self-checker.
- Step 4:click on choose file option on the screen.
- Step 5: Select the file that you want to check for plagiarism.
- Step 6:atlast click on the option check similarity and there you will see the result of plagiarism.
If there is a percentage of plagiarism on the notes, draft, or paper you can correct it by reducing the similar words that mention the area where the plag is there. This is an important step as it gives the idea of what to write and what not to write.
How to use Turnitin self-checker for free?
After visiting the site of the Turnitin self-checker there will be an option to sign up for a 60-day free trial. By clicking the start free trial button you will be able to check the plagiarism-free.
Can Turnitin make mistakes?
When the student checks the plagiarism on the Turnitin self-checker and gets a positive match even if the student has not copied it. And here the student gets confused about whether it can make an error or not. The answer to it is NO, Turnitin cannot be wrong because it spotted the percentage of plag on Turnitin as it checks the similarity by matching text that already exists in the database or the browser.
Turnitin vs Grammarly:
When we talk about Grammarly it is used to check grammatical errors, and spelling errors or we can say that Grammarly is a writing assistant tool while Turnitin mainly focuses on plag detection. But in the case of Turnitin, the grammatical error can be checked and corrected but not as good as Grammarly.
Turnitin self-checker can easily be used online by students, academic organizations, publishers, etc for checking plagiarism. Plagiarism isn’t a crime but for students mainly the content of the notes, paper, or draft should not be the same as others to maintain the integrity of the exam. And this will help the student to improve their writing skills and understand the course more deeply.
- Updated Duolingo Character Names 2023 (Complete Guide) - March 29, 2023
- How to Use Duolingo Offline in 2023 (Step-by-Step Guide) - March 29, 2023
- Duolingo Plus Honest Review (2023) – Is the Premium Membership Worth it? - March 29, 2023