The student who wants to become a nurse knows that it is a caring preparation and they have to take care of others and help them to feel better in any way. For becoming a nurse the person needs to be highly qualified in the medical profession.
To become a nurse you need to have at least 2 or more A-levels with 2 supporting GCSES like Biology. You may also need to have UCAS points between 96-140. Further, we have discussed the qualifications of becoming a nurse in detail.
What Qualifications Do You Need to Become a Nurse?
When you think of a profession like a lawyer, pilot, doctor, etc, you need to think of a specific qualification. A person who wants to work as a nurse needs to have a nursing degree and to get a nursing degree there are various ways.
- To get a nursing degree the student Has demonstrated that they have cured at least 2 or more 2 A-levels. Most Universities require a student who has at least two supporting GCSEs with an A grade of C or above and they will also need the science GCSE in a subject such as Biology or human biology. The requirements of the universities vary from University to University.
- If a person does not have any A-level they can still pursue becoming a nurse for this will need to apply using UCAS points. The range of the UCAS points needed for the nursing degree is from 96 to 140 points. And the point can be gained from the following qualification such as:
- level 3 in health and social care.
- Level 2 common health condition.
- level 2 certificate infection control in the Healthcare setting.
- Health and social care level 3.
- If a student has an undergraduate degree but is not done in nursing and later wants to become a nurse for them that student can do a process called an accreditation of prior experiential learning. In it, you can do your postgraduate course which is being held for two or three years by which you can change your career and become a registered nurse.
What is the duty of a nurse?
The following are some points which are showing the duties performed by the nurse:
- The main job of the nurse is to take care of patients who are not feeling good and help them to cure their health as soon as possible.
- You may also help pregnant women just like a midwife.
- The nurse needs to record all the medical history and symptoms of the patients.
- They need to keep monitoring the patient’s health and all the symptoms and they also need to record all the new Science and symptoms that they are observing in the patient.
- You may also need to assist the doctors while they are treating the patient.
- The nurses also do the Diagnostic test.
- You are also responsible for providing advice to patients whenever they need it.
What is the salary earned by a nurse?
If the nurses are working under NHS they are given pay according to the NHS agenda for changing pay bands. If a nurse is a newly registered nurse working under the NHS pay scale at band 5 they will have a starting salary of 25655 Euro full stop and if a nurse has approximately 2 or 4 years of experience will have a salary of 27780 euros full stop and nurse who has working experience of more than 5 years will have the salary up to 31534 euros.
Also depending upon the profession the nurse chooses to work for example if a nurse is working as a school nurse and their pay scale is at band 5 they will have a starting salary of 32306 euros and if they have many years of experience they will have the salary of 39027 euros.
What are the Personal qualities of a nurse?
The following are some Personal qualities a nurse should have in them:
- The nurse should be a caring and empathic person.
- They should have good communication skills as they have to communicate with the patients and their families.
- You should always pay attention to your duty as you have to read the report and also notice the changes in the patients.
- As the patient has to serve with many problems during the treatment and the nurse should have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You should have good stamina and physical fitness as you have to do your job standing and often sometimes shifts are done.
- They should have a good sense of humor as during their job they will be physically and mentally exhausted. So you should have the talent to find joy in everything and laugh it out.
The above mention various ways to become a nurse. The training is also given to them and they are made to learn about management skills, leadership skills. The nurse has a job to treat the patient and prevent them from suffering from other illnesses.
What GCSEs does the student need to be a nurse?
The approx GCSEs grade needed by the student is 4 or 5. and they need to pass the core subjects.
- What is a 3.4 GPA? What are the colleges that accept a 3.4 GPA? - March 23, 2023
- Do you have to do GCSEs if you are homeschooled? - March 22, 2023
- Is A-Level Sociology Hard? - March 22, 2023